Does your advertising bottom line need a boost? Join us in Minneapolis this summer for the boot camp for student media advertising sales representatives, sponsored by the Associated Collegiate Press, College Media Business & Advertising Managers, and the College Media Association.
This four-day ad sales training program is for students to train and become familiar with the differences between a salesperson and consultant. Advertising representatives will learn how to overcome objections, find new clients and cultivate a positive working relationship with clients. Other topics include: learning the complete sales process, understanding the basics of advertising design, and selling multiple products to your customers.
The Twin Cities are a leading national market for advertising, with prominent agencies within public transportation from the University of Minnesota. Don’t miss this opportunity to prepare for the competitive environment of advertising sales by learning a diverse skillset to bring back to your news organization. Space is limited for this boot camp so please register early.
Five reasons to attend the advertising boot camp:
- It features some of the best advertising trainers in the country.
- Learn why it’s not just about selling.
- Understand why “no” is a good answer.
- It’s not just for print sales. These skills apply to all media sales – digital, broadcast, native, yearbook and newspaper.
- And most importantly, it is the only workshop that will pay for itself (and continue to pay dividends well into the future).
What to bring:
- Copy of your media kit/rate card
- Three regular newspaper editions
- 1-2 special sections