Collegiate media advising is a unique niche. Your colleagues are at other institutions across the country, not in the same newsroom or down the hall. Meet them and other college media experts in an in-depth training course geared for all advisers. In this workshop, we’ll discuss the role of the adviser and its challenges; how to manage, recruit, train and motivate millennials and what you need to know about technology, media law, ethics, campus relationship and the business side of our business. You’ll walk away with a kit of ready resources and know whom to contact when touchy subjects come up.
The top five things you need to know about the adviser track:
- You will take back to campus some new tips and tricks for engaging your students.
- If you want the College Media Association Adviser Certification you can earn it.
- If you already have the certification, you can skip those sessions and drop in on any sessions in the other tracks.
- We will energize, motivate and connect you with your peers, technology and ideas to help you start your fall semester with punch.
- The attire is casual because you will be with the cool, nerdy advisers who like to have fun during and after your sessions.
What to bring:
- Smart phone
- “May the Facts Be With You” T-shirt, if you’ve purchased one