Does your print or online product need a makeover or at least great ideas for package planning? Then, spend four days with one of the best college media and Society of News Design has to offer. Whether you work in newspapers, magazines, online or yearbooks, our faculty will look at fonts, packages, furniture and white space to improve your visual appeal.
The top five reasons you should participate in the Design/Redesign track at the Summer Workshop:
- Build a stronger working knowledge of how publication connects with readers through presentation
- Focus on fundamentals, with an eye on design trends.
- Build your confidence in communicating with editors and staff on design.
- Work on a redesign that focuses first on content. Then building upon what works and strengthening what doesn’t.
- By the end of the workshop you will be able to take design style sheets and new design mock ups back to your publication for use for the next school year.
What to bring:
- Packaged (with fonts and images) InDesign files and PDFs of past published pages
- Font files you are considering for your redesign
- USB flash drive
- Laptop with Adobe Creative Suite installed, if you have one