As the digital world is expanding, so should your publication. Learn how to effectively use social media, mobile, data, analytics and digital tools to enhance reader engagement.
Top five reasons to register for the future of digital journalism:
- Enhance your video storytelling and online presence
- Become a mobile journalist- pitch, prep, shoot, edit and even build an app to host your content
- Learn how to story board and develop your ideas
- Build your personal brand and showcase your content on social media
- Learn to utilize your mobile devices to shoot and edit your stories
What to bring:
- Recording/reporting device(s) you are most comfortable with (smartphone, DSLR camera, audio recorder, video camera, etc.)
Thursday, July 12
11:30 a.m. – Welcome – Sara/Amy
12:30 – Out for lunch on your own
Project Visual Scavenger Hunt: post images on Instagram with #megadigital18
1:45 p.m. – Back in the room with your Scavenger Hunt things posted with #megadigital18 / Introducing yourselves through your Instragram projects
3 p.m. – Stories across platforms (Sara)
4 p.m. – Digital reporting at college pubs; Analytics, Traffic (Examples. Look at your own) (Amy)
EVENING ASSIGNMENT: Find a person, place or thing that you want to know more about. Take a photo and be ready to talk about it on Friday morning.
Friday, July 13
8:30-9:30 a.m. – Diversity
9:45 a.m. – Cool Tools. Let’s try them.
2 p.m. – Out on the beat
Saturday, July 14
8:30-9:30 a.m. – The Power of Story
9:45 – Working on Projects
Noon – Social media plan for what you’ve created
2 p.m. – Working on projects, or back out on the beat?
Sunday, July 15
8:30 a.m. – In the lab
10-noon – Show and tell