If you’re a new editor-in-chief, managing editor or section editor – or an aspiring leader who wants to learn the ropes – this workshop is for you. Get ready for your new job by delving into audience analysis, content, management, leadership, engagement and media law. You’ll also learn skills for becoming the leader you want to be and you’ll develop a network with other up-and-coming editors from around the country that you’ll be able to tap as you step into your new job.
Here are the top five reasons you should participate in the Journalism Leadership track at the Summer Workshop:
- You will be learning from the best journalism educators in the nation to become an effective and awesome editor.
- Learn practical applications on how to lead and manage your team and the philosophical foundation of these leadership applications.
- Meet lifelong partners in journalism— the workshop is the place to network and build foundation of relationship for future careers in journalism.
- Learn how to criticize effectively and how to deal with disruptive folks.
- Gain the confidence to solidify your role as a leader for your publication. It may be scary at first, but you will realize your full potential.
What to bring:
- Copies of your publications for critique and show