Editors and staff members sometimes feel like odd ducks in college media operations focused on news gathering and reporting. This workshop will specifically prepare literary arts magazine staffs for the upcoming year by focusing on:
- Staff recruiting, organization and management.
- Financing the magazine.
- Overall issue planning, organization and theme.
- Soliciting and evaluating student contributions.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Verbal content including poetry, narrative fiction, dramatic dialogue, personal essay, nonfiction writing, translations and multimedia presentations.
- Visual content including evaluating art, using art to complement writing and strategies for overall magazine design.