There is more to sports reporting than what unfolds during the game. Discover sports storytelling, game analysis, feature writing, social media and alternative story forms that should be included in your sports coverage. Learn how to conduct player and coach interviews, blog and how to work with sports information directors.
The top five reasons you should join us for the Sports Reporting track at the Summer Workshop:
- Sports is the top-selling and most-viewed journalism in print, broadcast and the Internet.
- You will learn about the story behind the story. Gamers are great, but profiles are better.
- Experienced professionals in the industry will be providing instruction in person and via live Skype sessions.
- You will get valuable hands-on experience covering actual local sporting events at the workshop, including coverage of the X-Games.
- Your work will be edited by media professionals and published online before you leave Minneapolis.
What to bring: