The top five reasons you should choose the Visual Storytelling track at the Summer Workshop:
- You will learn how to make your camera a more efficient tool, because the best camera you have is the one you have with you.
- Expand on the process after taking the picture.
- Explore working with light in terms of quantity, quality and direction.
- Photojournalism is about interacting with people, everyone has a story, and you will have to opportunity to practice this.
- It will be fun! Photojournalists have one of the best jobs in the country.
If you want to improve your storytelling skills through the lens of a camera, then this track is for you. Visual storytellers will discuss how to improve your reporting, still and video photography techniques. Discover how to best execute your news projects and feature stories on your campus. Learn how words and images can take your storytelling to the next level. Professionals will take you through the planning, shooting and editing process in order to execute the final story and images.
What to bring:
- DSLR Camera and lenses
- Laptop with Adobe Photoshop and Bridge (or other photo editing software) installed
- USB flash drive